Guy is a life insurance and wealth consultant with over fifty years of experience. As a frequent writer and speaker, he has addressed advisors in more than thirty countries, appeared on numerous talk shows and tele-video conferences, and spoken several times from the Main Platform of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT). He has lectured at various estate planning council meetings, spoken at several CLU institutes, and was featured at six CLU conferences.
His most recent book, The Great Wealth Erosion, details the four factors investors need to manage to improve their portfolio performance. Other books written by Guy include Manage Markets, Not Stocks and Investment Alchemy, which are both guides to understanding Modern Portfolio Theory. He also wrote Market Tune-Up, Why People Buy, Baker’s Dozen – 13 Principles for Financial Success, and Maximize the RedZone, a guide for business owners. His bestselling booklet is The Box, an easily understood guide to the mathematics of life insurance.
Professional Awards & Affiliations
- Served as the 84th President of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) – the premier association of financial professions with over 66,000 members in 72 countries – and has qualified for the same organization 48 times.
- One of only fifteen members of the Top of the Table (TOT) to qualify more than forty times
- President of MDRT Foundation in 2000
- Board Member, Advanced Association of Life Underwriters (AALU), Washington D.C based, working with Congress to formulate industry-responsive legislation
- Two-term President, National Association of Family Wealth Counselors, which he helped found
- Pacific Life’s Preston Hotchkis “Distinguished Achievement Award,” 1971 & 1995
- Elected to the National Association of Estate Planning Council Hall of Fame, 2005
- Named by Worth Magazine as one of the USA’s top 250 financial planners, 2010
- Chosen by OC Metro as a 5-Star Advisor five times, 2012-2018
- Manages several entities developed to address the three circles of wealth of high net worth (HNW) families.
- Co-manager, Insight Wealth Solutions, LP – a multi-disciplinary practice acting as wealth consultants for HNW families and businesses.
- President, Associates in Insurance Concepts, Inc dba BTA Advisory Group – a risk management consulting firm specializing in life insurance and 401(k)s
- Managing Director, BMI Consulting, LLC – a national management consulting firm addressing the problems facing closely held businesses, succession, executive compensation, and transition strategies
- President, Baker-Mountford Insurance Services, Inc.
- Managing Member, Wealth Teams Alliance – a Registered Investment Advisory firm (RIA).
- Bachelor of Science in Economics (BS) in 1967 from Claremont McKenna College
- Master of Business Administration in Finance (MBA) in 1968 from the University of Southern California
- Master of Financial Services (MSFS) in 1983 from The American College
- Master of Management (MSM) in 1984 from The American College
- Doctor of Philosophy in Financial and Retirement Planning (PhD) in 2018 from The American College
- Charted Life Underwriter (CLU) 1972
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) 1981
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP), Distinguished
- Chairman of the Board, American Family Living
- Elder, Grace Church in Laguna Niguel, CA
- Founding Trustee, Grace Classical Academy, a private school for families seeking a Christian classical education
- President’s Council, Biola University
- Regional Board Member, Link’s International
- Board Member, Mission Hospital Foundation
- Major Gifts Committee, Orange County Center for Performing Arts
- Fund Raising Committee, South Coast Repertory Theater
- Advisory Board Member, South Coast YMCA
- President, Claremont McKenna Alumni Association
- Board of Trustees Member, Claremont McKenna College
To Contact Guy
- STREET ADDRESS: 15520 Rockfield Blvd, Suite G, Irvine, CA 92618
- TOLL-FREE: 877.282.4768
- PHONE: 949.900.0099
- FAX: 949.900.0247
- EMAIL: email@example.com